Established in 2002, the Academic Librarians in Public Service (ALPS) Award for Outstanding Service is presented to an academic public service librarian, or team of same, whose outstanding service has made a real difference to students, faculty, or colleagues in British Columbia.
The award will be presented at this year’s BCLA AGM on May 2nd, 2014.
ALPS will also publicize the award winner in appropriate media and in a letter to the award winner’s institution.
The ALPS Awards Committee welcomes all nominees for this award. Nominations will be accepted until February 14, 2014 and can be submitted via e-mail to Caitlin Bakker at email@example.com.
Nominees or their institutions are required to be BCLA members.
You can find the ALPS nomination form here:
http://www.bcla.bc.ca/alps/ALPS award/2014 ALPS Award Nomination Form.doc
Please be sure to include the following information in your nomination:
- Name of nominator
- Name of nominee
- Project or reason for nomination
- Contact information for nominator in case we need to follow up
Criteria for nomination could include:
- Demonstrated (through example and/or statistics) impact on students, colleagues, or the library
- Demonstrated collaboration with colleagues or other institutions
- Worthy of inspiring similar efforts within the profession
Your 2014 ALPS Awards Committee
Caitlin Bakker (UNBC)
Holly Hendrigan (SFU)
Mary-Anne McDougall (UFV)
Shawnna Parlongo (UBC)
Frank Sayre (UBC)